The 2021 Cathay Bank Foundation Scholarship
Program $20,000 in Scholarship Awards
Twenty $1,000 scholarships available for high school seniors planning to
attend college as a full-time, degree-seeking student beginning the fall of 2021.
Cathay Bank Foundation is committed to supporting youth residing in its business service territories
to fulfill their dreams of obtaining a higher education.
Application Deadline: Friday, April 2, 2021
▪ High school seniors residing in California, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts,
Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Texas, and Washington
▪ Plan to attend a U.S. Accredited 4-Year College/University or a Community College in
the state of California, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Jersey, New York,
Texas, or Washington as a 1st year student in the Fall of 2021 (if selected, must provide
college acceptance letter for verification) ▪ A minimum cumulative unweighted high school
GPA of 3.0
▪ A household income at or below the Low Income Level (if selected, must provide 2019 or
2020 tax return for verification)
▪ Open to ALL MAJORS and there is no ethnicity requirement
▪ Employees of Cathay Bank and their immediate family members are NOT eligible
▪ Application Form
▪ Recommender Form from a Community Service Advisor
▪ Official High School Transcript
The scholarship awards will only be used to cover the cost of tuition for attending a
college/university, as defined by the institution attended.
For more information and to apply, please visit:
All materials MUST BE RECEIVED by 11:59 p.m. PDT, Friday, April 2, 2021. Anything received (whether
mailed, emailed, or faxed) past that date and time will not be considered, regardless of postmark.
Questions or inquiries?
Contact by phone: (213) 624-6400, ext. 6 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org