Testing at Odyssey Charter School
At the September 12, 2017 State Board of Education Meeting the Board approved recommendations related to the transition from End of Course (EOC) examinations to End of Course finals as required by Assembly Bill 7 (AB 7) from the 2017 legislative session.
- ACT Aspire: 9th and 10th grade students (October 29th-November 2nd, 2018)
- WIDA: Student School Day: All students labeled LEP (January 22nd-March 1st, 2019)
- ACT: All 11th grade students (March 12th-14th, 2019)
- End of Course Exams: End of 2nd semester 2019 for students enrolled in English 2, Algebra 1, Geometry
- Science CRT: All students enrolled in Biology (May 2019)
(dates are subject to change)
Exams to Graduate: Participation on the ACT College and Career Readiness Exam. A student does not need to earn a score, but if he/she earns a minimum of 21 he/she gains the Millennium Scholarship in the state of Nevada.
- ACT College and Career Readiness (Class of 2016 and beyond)
Selective Exams: You may want to take exams that are not required for graduation. The SAT, PSAT, ACT Aspire or the ASVAB are just a few. For the SAT, please go to www.collegeboard.com. This exam is not offered at Odyssey. The PSAT (pre-SAT) is held in the middle of October. See Mr. Smyth to sign up in the weeks before this. Also, speak to Mr. Smyth about the ASVAB. The ASVAB predicts future academic and occupational success in the military. Go to the CCR/ACT page for more information about the ACT Aspire.
Please contact Melanie Dunlop, Testing Coordinator, with any questions regarding these exams. firstname.lastname@example.org