Eligibility & Requirements
Are you eligible?
Check out the requirements below to find out if the HACER® National Scholarship is right for you:
- You’re a high school senior
- You’re a legal U.S. resident
- You’re younger than 21 years old
- You carry a minimum 2.8 GPA
- You’re eligible to attend a two- or four-year college or university with a full-time course of study
- You’ll disclose other scholarship programs that you’ve applied for
- You’ll enroll and attend an accredited institution in the academic year after your selection (verification needed, as scholarship funds are paid directly to the schools)
- You have at least one parent of Hispanic heritage
How are scholarship winners selected?
The scholarship recipients are selected based on:
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Community involvement
- Personal qualities and strengths as portrayed in a personal interview, either in-person or by phone
Winners are selected by May-June. (Check for emails by mid-February to find out if you are a semi-finalist.)
What materials and documents are required?
No essay is needed. The only other requirements are these documents:
- Personal statement
- Letter of recommendation to be submitted online
- List of community service projects
- FAFSA report and/or 1040s
McDonald’s HACER National Scholarship comes back soon!
The application period for the McDonald’s HACER® National Scholarship Program for 2020-2021 begins October 5, 2020.
For more information google HACER National Scholarship.