RECRUITMENT & COLLEGE CONNECTIONS NEWSLETTER
- September 30 NV Promise Information Session
- October 1 Fall 2021 Application Opens
- October 1 FAFSA Application Opens
- October 6 NV Promise Information Session
- October 9 CSN Information Session
- October 6 NV Promise Information Session
- October 15 NV Promise Information Session
- October 22 NV Promise Information Session
- October 23 CSN Information Session
- October 28 NV Promise Information Session
- October 31 Nevada Promise Scholarship Deadline
- November 21 Spring Registration Opens
- January 19 Spring Semester Begins
It goes without saying that this year is unlike any other, but we want to ensure you and your students feel supported. Students can meet with a Recruiter/Success Coach who can walk them through the enrollment process at CSN and answer any questions they may have as they get ready to start their journey to becoming a Coyote! Go to www.csn.edu/studentrecruitment to sign up for a 30-minute virtual appointment. Virtual appointments are offered Monday-Thursday 1:00pm-4:00pm and Fridays 9:00am-1:00pm.
CSN Coyote C.L.O.U.T. is a free, virtual college preparation program available to all students in Southern Nevada High Schools. The program will help students bolster their resume, connect with CSN clubs and organizations, enhance their leadership skills and get advice from real college students! Students can sign up at www.csn.edu/hsvisits to be put on the mailing list where we will send meeting invitations for future events and other essential information.
For the Fall 2020 application season, all Apply Nevada! FAFSA Nights 2020 will be held virtually. There will be a total of 7 events. Events will be held in English and Spanish. These events have been made possible by a collaborative effort between CCSD, NSHE, all seven public colleges and universities, WACAC, and Go To College Nevada.
October is College Application Month in Nevada. Students and parents may attend any event and may attend more than one if needed. Registration is required. You will be emailed a link to access the presentation when registration is complete. Events are listed at apply.nevada.edu/.
Prospective students are still required to complete enrollment steps before registering for classes. Below are current options available to students, be sure to refer to www.csn.edu/enrollment-steps-first-time-college-students for updates once we move back on campus.
- Placement Testing: Students can schedule to complete their English placement test at www.csn.edu/placement-testing, complete their math placement test at at.csn.edu/math-placement or submit their ACT/SAT via NLVTestingCenter@csn.edu, WCHTestingCenter@csn.edu, or HENTestingCenter@csn.edu based on which campus is closest to them. Photos of printed test scores and screenshots from ACT.org or Collegeoard.org are accepted. Student’s full name, date of test and their scores must be on one page.
- Orientation: Students can complete their New Student Orientation online at www.csn.edu/orientation.
- Academic Advising: Directions of how students can sign up for an advising appointment can be found at www.csn.edu/advising.
The Nevada Promise team will be hosting several Information Sessions. Learn how to help your students apply for the scholarship and meet eligibility requirements. These sessions will cover eligibility requirements, enrollment and financial aid deadlines, and tips for completing the application. To RSVP use the Promise Events calendar at www.csn.edu/promise.
Our fall Shining Coyote is Lydia Moretto. Lydia is a young and passionate individual with a goal to be a shining light wherever she goes. Becoming a Student Ambassador has given Lydia the ability to grow and develop her professional and creative skillsets as well as strengthening her personal relationships. “I’ve learned so much about myself over the past year. I feel like I can do anything I put my mind to. Being a Student Ambassador has really helped me expand my wings and taught me that I will always have something I can contribute to and learn from”. Lydia is currently pursuing an Associate of Arts degree at CSN and a Bachelor of Fine Arts, Photography, and Bachelor of Science in Architecture at UNLV. She hopes to start her vibrant career soon after graduation.