Update – 03.07.2020
We are continuing to monitor the rapidly evolving public health situation around Novel Coronavirus COVID-19 (2019-nCoV). The Odyssey K-12 Administrative Team is meeting daily to review new and timely information about Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our most recent information is one presumptive positive coronavirus case in Clark County. Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) has indicated this is a male in his 50’s who is hospitalized and in airborne isolation.
Our excellent custodial staff are continuing with their regular cleaning and disinfection program. In addition, we have provided additional cleaning resources to our classrooms. Disinfecting is the responsibility of our school custodial staff. They are trained to use disinfectants in a safe and effective manner. Our hard surfaces are being cleaned (desks, tables, countertops, sinks) and our touched surfaces (door handles and faucets) are being cleaned and disinfected frequently.
Odyssey Charter Schools K-12 is committed to sharing accurate information and to keep misinformation from spreading. As new information emerges, we will update our community. We are also committed to revising our safety/security plans to be responsive (Source: Department of Health and Human Services Division of Public and Behavioral Health.)
Guidance for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid contact with people who are sick.
• Stay home while sick and avoid close contact with others.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash hands.
• Cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
• Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
• Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, if soap and water are not available.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
• Practice good health habits: get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
If you have specific concerns about your child, please call your school principal at 702-257- 0578. More information can be found at:
Phone 702.257-0578 Fax
702.259-7793 2251 Jones Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Accredited by AdvancEd