$50,000 in Scholarships Available
20 – $2,500 Scholarships for High School Seniors and 1st Year College Students
Planning to Attend a University/College in the U.S. in the Fall of 2017
The Taiwanese American Scholarship Fund is focused on helping economically-challenged Taiwanese American youth fulfill their dreams of obtaining higher education.
Deadline: 11:59pm – Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. permanent resident (holders of a Permanent Resident Card) AND a direct blood descendant of a Taiwanese citizen
- High school senior or 1st year college student residing in the United States
- Plan to attend a University or College as a full-time 1st or 2nd year student in the Fall of 2017 in the United States (If selected, high school seniors must submit college acceptance letter for verification.)
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school/college GPA of 3.0
- Have a household income at or below the Federal/State/County Low Income Level (Must be able to show 2015 or 2016 tax return should applicant be selected for award.)
- The scholarship is open to ALL MAJORS
All awardees must submit a short YouTube video.
(Detailed instructions will be provided to awardees at a later time.)
- Online Application Form
- Official High School/College Transcript
Instructions and Guidelines:
All materials must be RECEIVED by 11:59pm – Wednesday, March 29th. Anything received (whether mailed, emailed, or faxed) past that date and time will NOT be considered, regardless of the postmark. Application forms MUST be completed and submitted online – Hard copies will NOT be accepted.
Do not mail additional materials, such as resumes, certificates, or newspaper clippings, unless requested. They will not be reviewed.
Awardees will be notified no later than June 30, 2017. The scholarship award can only be used to cover the cost of attending a university/college. This may include tuition, fees, books, supplies, living expenses, and meals. What is included in the cost of attendance varies by institution.
If you have questions or need additional information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.