Dr. Amanda Perez Scholarship
Deadline: February 15th, 2022 11:59PM PST
The Dr. Amanda Perez Scholarship was developed in 2008 to assist high school and college freshman students who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine. Personal qualities, financial need, academic and extracurricular achievement will all be considered in the selection process. Dr. Amanda Perez is an alumna of LMSA-West at the Charles Drew University Chapter, where she served as Medical Student Representative. She later was in charge of the Scholarship Program when she served on the Executive Board for the LMSA-West Region. Award recipients may have the chance to meet Dr. Amanda Perez at an official LMSA-West event.
- Must be High School Senior OR freshmen at 4-year university during the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
- Applicants should demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
- Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of immigration or citizenship status, as long as the university they attend will allow them to enroll and register for classes.
- Strong consideration will be placed upon financial need.
- Must be a member of LMSA-West. (Can contact LMSA Executive Board for more info).
- Must be a resident or attending school within the LMSA-West region states (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho).
- LMSA-West reserves the right to withdraw or withhold scholarship pending submission of necessary documents.
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION!
All application materials should be submitted via email and attached in a single Adobe Acrobat PDF format titled LMSA Dr. Amanda Perez Scholarship – Applicant Last Name, First Initial 2022 to VP_Scholarship@lmsa.net.
Questions? Email email@example.com