Odyssey Charter Schools K-12
We understand that people may be concerned about Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. Usually they cause mild respiratory illnesses, such as the common cold. Some coronaviruses have caused more severe illness, such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) and Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS). 2019-nCoV is a new coronavirus not seen in humans prior to December 2019. At this time, most people in Nevada are not considered at risk. It is important to stress that novel coronavirus is not at all connected with race, ethnicity or nationality. Odyssey Charter Schools K-12 is committed to sharing accurate information and to keep misinformation from spreading. As new information emerges, we will update our community. We are also committed to revising our safety/security plans to be responsive should this virus be detected in our community. (Source: Department of Health and Human Services Division of Public and Behavioral Health.)
Guidance for 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while sick and avoid close contact with others.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your sleeve (not your hands) when coughing or sneezing.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice good health habits: get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious food.
More information can be found at: