Join us in the movement to support
healthy children and family development
At KidGuard, we are passionate about the healthy development of children and families. The KidGuard for Education Scholarship is part of our effort to bring awareness and inspire solutions on issues such as cyberbullying, online predators, teen suicide and childhood depression in the age of technology. Read more on our past recipients here.
ELIGIBILITY: All grades 9 – 12 High School Students
AWARD AMOUNT: Multiple scholarships ranging from $500 to $1000
DEADLINE: Ongoing (Annual) , Every October 31st 11:59 PM (Pacific Time)
HOW TO APPLY:
Choose ONE prompt from below and submit a well thought out essay or video
- How have your family, parents, school, and teachers influenced who you are today? Use personal experiences to support your answer.
- How much freedom should parents give their children? Use personal experiences to support your answer.
- What are some dangers that youth may face on the internet? Use personal experiences, news articles, or research to support your answer.
- What should you do if you or a friend is bullied on the web? Please discuss solutions for both scenarios. Use personal experiences to support your answer.
- Discuss ways that youth can use the internet or social media to positively impact their communities. Use personal experiences to support your answer.
To apply, fill out our short form here: KidGuard for Education Scholarship Application
We will be selecting a pool of finalists based on the quality of their essay/video. As mentioned, we are looking for essays/videos that are well thought out with proper research and evidence to support their statement. Out of the selected finalists, winners will be selected and contacted shortly thereafter.
* We want to hear your honest opinion. The personal opinion expressed in your essay/video will in no way affect whether or not you are awarded the scholarship. We respect that everyone has their own opinions on the topic and want to hear what you have to say. For essays, we want to stress that word count is not a deciding factor in this contest. However, this is a contest and you are expected to express your well-thought-out ideas clearly, supported with research and evidence.
Terms and Conditions
The KidGuard for Education Scholarship award must be spent on tuition, fees, books, supplies and equipment required for the student’ classes at their primary high school. Scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full time students. Enrollment will be verified after the winners are selected, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses. We will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements. Selected recipient will receive instructions from KidGuard on how to receive the award. Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipient from receiving the award. Recipient may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on the case by case basis determined by KidGuard. KidGuard employees are not eligible to apply for KidGuard scholarships. Persons who are (1) residents of embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanction programs may not apply for this scholarship. No cash alternative to the award will be offered. The award is not transferrable. Awards are substitute to availability and KidGuard reserves the right to substitute any award with another of equivalent value without giving notice. All entrants agree to the use of his/her name in any publicity material. Your contact information such as email and phone number will be used solely in accordance with current federal and state data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. KidGuard reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of KidGuard’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by KidGuard.
ResourcesFeaturesTestimonialsPricingTry Now!LoginAbout Us
KIDGUARD FOR EDUCATION
– FOR HIGH SCHOOLS –
PAST RECIPIENTS OF KIDGUARD FOR EDUCATION SCHOLARSHIP