2017 Chen Foundation Scholarship Program
$40,000 in Scholarship Awards Available
10 – $2,000 Renewable Scholarships for High School Seniors
Planning to Attend a California State University or a California Community College
The Chen Foundation is focused on helping economically-challenged youth fulfill their dreams of obtaining higher education. The scholarship is renewable, allowing scholarship recipients to receive an additional $2,000 award for the Fall quarter/semester of their 2nd year of college if they maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA and active service in the community.
We thank the Chen and Kan Families for funding the 2017 Chen Foundation Scholarship Program.
Deadline: 11:59pm –
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
- High school seniors who reside in California
- Plan to attend a California State University or California Community College as a 1st year full-time student in the Fall of 2017 (if selected, must submit college acceptance letter for verification)
- Have a minimum cumulative unweighted high school GPA of 3.0
- Have a household income at or below California State/County Low Income Level (must be able to show 2015 or 2016 tax return should applicant be selected for award)
- The scholarship is open to ALL MAJORS and there is NO ETHNICITY REQUIREMENT
- Online Application Form
- Online Recommender Form
- Official High School Transcript
INSTRUCTIONS AND GUIDELINES:
All materials must be RECEIVED by 11:59pm – Wednesday, March 29, 2017. Anything received (whether mailed, emailed, or faxed) past that date and time will NOT be considered, regardless of the postmark. Application and recommender forms MUST be submitted online – Hard copies will NOT be accepted.
Do not mail additional materials, such as resumes, certificates, or newspaper clippings, unless requested. They will not be reviewed.
Awardees will be notified no later than June 30, 2017. The scholarship award can only be used to cover the cost of attending a California State University or a California Community College. This may include tuition, fees, books, supplies, living expenses and meals. What is included in the cost of attendance varies by institution.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com or (213) 624-6400 ext. 6.