The Clark County Association of School Administrators and Professional-Technical Employees awards two (2) $2,000 scholarships annually. The scholarship applicants must be legal dependents of active CCASAPE members and currently enrolled as high school seniors in the Clark County School District. A CCASAPE Scholarship Committee, appointed by the CCASAPE President, shall determine the scholarship recipients each spring.
Attached you will find the necessary information that students will need to apply for the CCASAPE Scholarships.
Please feel free to contact Stephen Augspurger, Executive Director, Clark County Association of School Administrators and Professional-technical Employees, at 702-796-9602 if you have any questions.
CLARK COUNTY ASSOCIATION OF SCHOOL ADMINISTRATORS
AND PROFESSIONAL-TECHNICAL EMPLOYEES
WHAT IS THE AMOUNT OF THE SCHOLARSHIP?
The scholarship recipient(s) will receive $2,000 to be used at any college, university or post graduate vocational school.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
The student applicant must be a legal dependent of an active CCASAPE member and currently enrolled as a senior in a Clark County School District secondary school.
WHAT ARE THE TIMELINES?
- The scholarship packet must be received in the CCASAPE office on or before Wednesday, April 15, 2015. Send packet to:
4055 S Spencer St., #230
Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Selection of the recipients will be made by the CCASAPE Scholarship Committee in early May.
WHAT MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE APPLICATION PACKET?
- THE APPROPRIATE COVER PAGE – Use the attached form provided in the application information sent to each school.
- TWO LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION – One of the two letters should be from a counselor OR a teacher.
- AN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT of the high school grades including the first semester of the senior year. The ACT / SAT scores must be posted on the transcript or included with the transcript in a sealed envelope. (NOTE: If ACT / SAT scores are not posted on the transcript or included with the official transcript, the application will be considered incomplete and will not be judged.)
- A RESUME – Applicants must demonstrate participation/leadership in extracurricular activities and community service.
- AN ESSAY – No longer than two typewritten pages which is based on one of the following:
- Recount an educational experience that has made or left a significant impression on you and discuss how it has influenced your life.
- Complete and discuss this phrase:
ANY INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE JUDGED